Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cinnamon Stick Candles

Ok, I found this wonderful idea here: http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/
and I think I am going to try to make this sometime this week! LOVE the idea and SO simple! She says it only takes like 20 minutes!
Isnt is beautiful?!?!?!


All you need are cinnamon sticks, candles, a rubber band, and some ribbon/twine.

Place your rubber band around your candle and then place your sticks under the rubber band. To add interest, I varied the height and also varied whether the line on the cinnamon sticks faced outwards or toward the candle.



Once the entire candle is covered in sticks, wrap twine or ribbon around the rubber band in order to conceal it. Accessorize however you want and you’re done!



These candles will transition beautifully into winter with just the addition of some holly berries. Happy candle accessorizing!



I cant wait to try this! I am off to buy cinnamon sticks and look for some short fat candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment